Our Church History
God burdened the heart of Pastor Paul Miller in Council Bluffs, IA to see new local churches started in southwest Iowa. Those interested in being a part of an independent Bible preaching church responded to an ad in the Red Oak newspaper. They started meeting in homes, then in the public library and then in the Armory building. On October 9-23, 1960 special meetings were held with Evangelist Clint Reser which resulted in the starting of Red Oak Gospel Tabernacle and Clint Reser was called to be their first pastor in 1960. The group purchased property on 5th & Hammond in October 1961. The church name was changed to Grace Baptist Church on December 4, 1968. In August 1973 under the leadership of Pastor Francis Henderson they purchased property at 1510 N. Sixth Street and began the building of a new church with the help of many of the people in the congregation. On June 4, 1978 there was a special dedication service. In July of 1974 floors plans for a church parsonage were chosen and the church folk helped with its construction.